Saturday, November 18, 2017

You Lurkers Don't Deserve My Genius

 
I think I will turn off comments for a while
 
I appreciate the scraps of feedback that I get but if I only am reaching 10 people then who needs any response or interaction at all? I will still do and enjoy what I love to do that voodoo that I do here but I can do it alone. I know the old crew will looking in but now I don't have to force responses from them. Nothing worse than a pity comment. In a few days we will try this great experiment and see how it goes. What do you all think? All ten of you/ It's a pain in the ass to comment in the first place. I get that. And really. Look at my blog of balloon juice. It is unworthy of the time to express a thought either positive or negative about the junk I post. Come to think of it I don't comment much on hacky posts so why should anyone else?
 

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, whatever makes you feel better about things, Cal. But you know, comments are ALWAYS a very small percentage of pageviews. Most people are lurkers, it's a simple fact.

j-swin said...

I’m with Deb, it’s your blog, run it how you like. I love visiting you several times a day but don’t always have time to comment. I’ll still be lurking though.....keep the curtains open....

Her Royal Highness said...

I command you to keep the comments open on any post concerning the Baroness. How can I proposition her if I can't leave a comment? She is MY QUEEN.

Jonathan Linneman said...

I think you should only allow comments from grammatically challenged bots posting links to shit no one cares about.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I thought I already did that.

Chase March said...

I think that era of blogging with plentiful comments has passed. I get spam comments daily with very few real ones mixed in. But people still come, so that is good enough, I guess.

DrGoat said...

Just do it old bean. Any way you want it.