Friday, September 15, 2017

Harry Dean Stanton Dead At 91


 
While I loved him in everything he did, my two favorite performances are the Father in Red Dawn and of course, Brain from Escape From New York - a movie that is very special to me in many ways and Harry bought the goofy premise right from the start and played it for all it was worth. He did that with all his roles.
 




 
He was a gentleman and a true original whose work only elevated the projects he was in. I am glad I can enjoy his work forever. Never ever did he let me down. Repo Man and Alien are two of my all time favorite movies. He was in those classics as well.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Not "Brett" from Alien (1979)...
And Basil Gogos (Artist of covers for Famous Monsters)

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

don't forget about Stanton's brief appearance in the first Avengers film.

Barbecue17 said...

Just finished watching Twin Peaks: The Return a week or two ago, and he was in that too. He added so much character to any film he was in. Also, cool to note that he was a WWII Navy veteran. World War II! This guy seems to have had an awesome, long life filled with producing some great art.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's all you can ask a person to do.

DrGoat said...

Rest in Peace Harry. You did good.