Monday, February 1, 2016

The Rocketeer By Des Taylor Is The Animated Serial We Fans Deserve!

 
I always felt that the Rocketeer was one Disney's great undeveloped properties. Maybe they didn't like the connection to the Nazis but for some reason Disney has laid this one aside when many of us dream of a sequel or something just as cool - an eight episode serial (cliffhanger style) that mimics the great old ones from the 30s. Des Taylor is the master of this kind of art and the transition from his storyboards to animation would be epic to see.


 
I just ordered my Legacy Rocketeer, the ONLY quality six inch figure they produced of one of my favorite pulp heroes. I am even on the hunt for the smaller figure just to have them both.

 
 
 




2 comments:

j-swin said...

Love the Rocketeer and Des Taylor! A winning combo.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I would watch the hell out of that eight episode serial...someone like Netflix needs to pony up the dough or Disney, that cheap mouse.