Friday, July 10, 2015

I Was The Only Guy In My Neighborhood That Had His OWN Pink Princess Phone In The 80S

Yup, decades before all you hillbillies had your own phone numbers I was living in the future with my pink princess phone which was the compromise I made to have my own basement Cave of Cool communication center. Oh how I suffered in my room. 13 channels and a BETA VCR all hooked up to a 13 inch black and white TV that I won for getting the most newspaper subscriptions. Beat that bitches. I had a Radio Shack Pong game too but I didn't mention that because I don't want to brag.

 

4 comments:

j-swin said...

You truly are a king among men. All hail the Calvin the First!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Only the richest and most spoiled rotten of bitchez had a pink princess phone and their own phone line when I was a teenager in the early 70s. Needless to say, I did not have one.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You didn't have the military connections I did. I asked the guy if it was possible and he said sure. Put one in my parents room which was unheard of at the time. We had the usual kitchen phone but two numbers. One which was my very own. I was stylin.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

We would phone the all night radio stations and hope to get on with our song requests.