Saturday, July 18, 2015

Back For One Last Season Starting Tonight

 
I say that after a lifetime of abuse that Sister Ruth became empowered by God to be His agent of vengeance on this earth. Her action was justice. That broke my heart enough that she was pushed so far. But then to martyr herself and perform 'death by town' to really dig home the point....wow...that was powerful. Last season of a great show. 14 episodes and there will be no more. Best show on Saturday night in the past decade next to COPS. AMC's bastard child that no one knows about but is universally loved once you get into it. Filmed about 2 hours from where I live. This is a real town that moves with the railway. Impressive production values and acting make this one of the great shows in a Golden Age of television that we live in now.

This is a post about the impact of the show on the Alberta film industry.

 
 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Tonight?! Holy F* does a year go by quick these days! This really is one of the best shows that no one seems to watch. I'll probably wait until the fall/winter to watch so no F*ing spoilers - and I mean that Cal or I'll go all Unforgiving on you. Have you seen the 3:10 to Yuma movies? Highly recommended by me.

Unknown said...

And if you have not kept up with Longmire, then shame on you. Back from the dead with a lot of help and money from Netflix. Hells on Wheels but set in the present. I love them both.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Like that Yuma. Don't worry. No spoiler for this season. I just assumed most were caught us so I could talk about Sister Ruth.

Unknown said...

spoil away from last season cal, i'm all caught up. i do most of my tv watching during the dark nights of winter so seeing tv reviews/headlines during the summer can be a perilous thing for me. my favorite headline this summer has been for true detective. it was a poster on a telephone poll that had a picture of the show that said 'lost ...........interest. it captured exactly how i felt about this season.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know what you mean about True Detective. It's pretty tough to follow and not as much fun to listen to as season one.

DrGoat said...

Was glad to hear Longmire was being brought back to life.
That cliff hanger on the last episode has to be resolved. Loved that show. Pissed me off when they cancelled it. Just watched Hell on Wheels.
Looks like another good season, with Lurch back to give Bohanan (sp)
a hard time.

Unknown said...

all this western talk got me a downloading a tad early. what a last two minutes of hell on wheels - sp's indeed dr.goat. winter can not come soon enough. but between the two though, i have to go with walt, there walks a man.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Walt is Cullen in about 20 years.