Friday, July 10, 2015

30 Second Stories By Cal

This morning I went to get some groceries for the weekend and the store was virtually empty of people which is my preferred way of shopping. As I was going through the aisles they started playing American Pie by Don McClain over the speaker. Since no one was around and I have a beautiful singing voice I starting to sing the song. Loud enough that anyone who passed me (no one did) could hear me clear as day. I know all the words to the song. Who doesn't? Then I rounded the corner to the frozen food section and there was a pretty girl stocking shelves and she as singing the exact same song about as loud as I was. I passed her while continuing to sing and we pretended to ignore each other. Then came the line about 'and the three men I admire most, the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost, they caught the last train for the coast, the day, the music, died." and we sang it together like this was American Idol. It was a cool moment in the Sobey's.

I even had good food in my basket. I was not embarrassed at all by my food selection. Everything healthy.

SEE now that is how I should meet a girl. She was maybe in her late 20s. But she played along with the joke and we didn't feel embarrassed at all about singing in the grocery store. That is a cool story to tell other people about how we met. All great couples have a story like that.

Gah! I hate my life.

 

5 comments:

j-swin said...

did you get her number?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No...I didn't need the restraining order.

j-swin said...

HA!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy the moment for the great time it was, regardless of romantic considerations. It's still a great story!!!

Unknown said...

A moment of humans in harmony.