Monday, May 18, 2015

TV This Week

I understand that Mariah Carey couldn't hit her high notes at tonight's Billboard Music Awards which aren't really awards for MUSIC because few of the winners actually play instruments or sing without autotune. I hate the weird combination of groups that in no universe should go together. I am so bored with it all that I have no interest in even continuing to comment any further. It's beneath my talents to waste my snark on Carey. She's always been a manufactured singer and for once everyone can see that she doesn't have it anymore. That is reward enough for me. Never, ever liked her.


Louis CK did a child molestation joke on last night's Saturday Night Live. He will get all kinds of negative press that isn't deserved out of context. The two shoe elves who want to be punished and pooped on was brilliant and even more offensive.



How did I ever get to the end of MasterChef Canada? One of the judges looks like Doctor Octopus. I just have to see how it all ends.

 
I am so glad that I dropped Game of Thrones years ago. I was tired of seeing bad thing happen to characters I liked. Tonight I understand one of the female characters will be raped on her wedding night. Charming. So glad I can ignore that as well as the rest of the program. Can someone tell me what is so great about Game of Thrones, anyways? What am I missing out on?
 
 
I also have never seen one single hour of Mad Men. Is it me or the rest of you? What did you think of the ending.
 
 

3 comments:

david_b said...

Great and perfect ending.., it's all about change, and who can accept it.

Excellent series, watched from start to finish.

DrGoat said...

Watched about 5 minutes of the Billboard awards and had to switch. The pretentiousness and hubris made me sick. Celebrities do not equate to talent.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I too have watched every single episode of Mad Men. The ending was good for some characters, not so satisfying for others. The endings for Peggy and Don were not believable and seem contrived. I've been wanting to put my boot up Don's ass for quite a while and still do.