Friday, May 8, 2015

Agent Carter Picked Up For Next Season

 
Agent Carter was one of the best things I watched all television season. Six episodes were perfect. Time for lots of story and no room for filler. The show moved and was exciting to watch. This of course has much to do with Haley Atwel as Peggy Carter but the whole cast was uniformly excellent.
 
 
In the past couple of weeks since I started watching Daredevil I noticed that many shows like the Flash (which I love) have been building up in my download file. I think I just burned out on a season with more than 20 episodes. Too much filler, again. That was the exact thing that killed Arrow for me. The need to drag out storylines (like the whole Iris thing - why not save your mother but Iris is killed - FLASHPOINT) took me out of this season of the Flash which is unfortunate. I really like what they have done with the character and the universe that was created. However, when even a good show feel like a chore to watch, it's not a good thing.
 
Now I will catch up and see the final four episodes which I hear are great but I think I have forever been spoiled by short season television like Luther, Sherlock, Broadchurch, Daredevil, Kimmy Schmidt, True Detective, Crossbones, Spartacus, and now Agent Carter.
 
Less is sometimes so much more.
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

YAY! Glad that Agent Carter will be back. Yes, the Brits have the right idea about season length. Short, sweet, to the point.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's the way to go today with all that there is to see. Edit out the crap and give me half of all you filmed. Then they have to make choices....good creative choices. Watch Daredevil. It will make you a believer.