Friday, May 15, 2015

After All These Years He Returns To His Rightful Place In The Collection Of Cool

 
Just received for the Collection of Cool.  On my first ever trip to a McDonalds - in Austria of all places -I got two of my favorite childhood treasures - a Mayor McCheese Glass and this action figure.

I love McCheese. Best mayor that Macdonald Land ever had. Never took ONE dime from special interest groups and made all the trains run on time. He was also the best dressed of that grubby crew he had to deal with on a daily basis. My original Mayor McCheese was long ago lost in the 'great disaster' but today I can have him back to me MINT in a nice box from over 39 years ago. His colors are still bright as is his spiffy tuxedo. I even have his glasses which are always the first piece to be lost when you open the package....which I will never do. Feels good to have the original piece back in my collection where he belongs. This was a good purchase. $37 dollars with $10 shipping. I had that in my coin jar.

 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Today must be a happy day for you indeed.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You have no idea. It's the little things you really appreciate the older you get.

j-swin said...

i'm so happy for you, Kal that i'm not even going to mention all the back alley, under handed, back stabbing, ruthless shenanigans mccheese took part in over his exceedingly long career.

bully for you, brother!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you and as always IF you have the proof you should release it to the media. My boy has nothing to fear.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

so, so great...