Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Six Days And My Skull Will Be Pellet Free

I went to see my plastic surgeon today (what? doesn't everyone have a plastic surgeon?) about finally getting the buckshot pellets removed from my face from the time I was almost killed. Looking at the MRI of my skull shows just how close a large pellet came to penetrating my skull into my brain.You can clearly see how a secondary bone protected my grey matter. Then there was the piece near my eye. Another millimeter and I would be blinded in my right eye. It's been five years since I was shot but seeing the x-rays really took me back to the moment. I hope that the removal of this shrapnel will help me stop having the nightmares or the compulsion to just dig the pellets out of my head myself with a soup spoon.

 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm sure it will be a relief to have them finally removed. The shooting only happened five years ago? I didn't know it was that recent. I thought it happened while you were a teenager in Manitoba.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No I was a teacher on a native reserves. It's a long terrible story.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

OMG, I can just imagine.

DrGoat said...

Like to hear that story sometime.