Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Your New Superman And Batman

I have been reading comic books for most all of my life so I have seen it all. Two things I have learned is that no death or costume is forever. Someone at DC has decided that the big three needed and 'update' and since kids like giant robots, why couldn't Batman be that robot? Of course this could just as easily be Cyborg if it had been silver in color. Nothing unique about this design. He's ever other armored character we have ever seen. I hate the gun. Batman never needs a gun.


I don't like the 'bunny' ears, either. On the action figure they will eventually make, these will be the first things to break out of the package. How does this thing say 'BAT in anyway? When does Batman use a shoulder mounted rocket launcher? Might not even be Bruce Wayne in the outfit. Maybe this is a remotely controlled Bat Bot. I will never know the truth unless I read the comics which was what DC intended all along with this change.

 
Superman in t-shirt and jeans, sans cape?
Been there, seen that.
Kinda shabby for the Man of Steel.
 
 

8 comments:

Tim Knight said...

And don't forget Wonder Woman with her giant knife-spikes in lieu of a golden lasso ;-)

Like you, I try to withhold judgement until I actually read the story. But agree with your views 100% - Batman DOESN'T use guns and the 'street' Superman look has been done before.

j-swin said...

yeah, DC needs to just stop messing with the designs of all their characters. i know evolution is part of a comic characters look but lets keep it in the same vein.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Especially when you always go back to the classic look eventually. All this for that ONE splash page showing things all returned to normal.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Even Brok Windsor's spaghetti straps are better than those outfits!

JDsivraj said...

The robobatman is awful. Suerman now just looks like he should be digging through the back issues in a comic shop.

Mike said...

I would sooner chew and swallow shards of glass before I would ever soil my brain reading anything DC is producing these days.

Nick Ward said...

I do not like green eggs and ham.

Nick Ward said...

I do not like green eggs and ham.