Friday, March 6, 2015

Nancy Drew Mysteries



I was one of those kids who tore through every Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mystery book I could get my hands on. They were fun and easy to read and put my budding detective skills to the test. The trick was figuring out how the crime was done before the characters reveal the solution to me.

The Hardy Boys Detective Guide was my early holy bibles. I learned as much from that book as I ever did from Batman comics.


When the concept came to television I followed. Pamela Sue Martin was more than adorable and perfectly embodied the girl I had come to envision in my mind. Even Sean and Parker were well cast as the detective Hardy Boys. I have to find the episodes where Nancy Drew meets Dracula. How can that not be a hoot to watch for the fashions alone? Lorne Green? Paul Williams? Damn, that is fine 70s casting.

http://taliesinttlg.blogspot.ca/2010/11/hardy-boys-and-nancy-drew-meet-dracula.html

The music of the night gets very groovy when the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew travel to a rock concert at Dracula's castle in order to find the missing Mr. Hardy.



The show is very goofy but I enjoyed the trip back down mystery lane. You can watch the rest of this one and many other episodes on the You Tubes.

http://www.followingthenerd.com/tv/ftn-remembers-the-hardy-boys-and-nancy-drew-meet-dracula/#sthash.MNA9B8Hr.dpbs




That Pamela Sue Martin was alright.
Loved her since the Poseidon Adventure.
 

4 comments:

Tim Knight said...

As a young boy I was totally smitten by Pamela Sue Martin and loved the Hardy Boy and Nancy Drew books.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I adored the Hardy Boy books when I was a kid. Nancy Drew, not so much. The only character I liked in them was the tomboy George. Yeah, even then, eh?

Wings1295 said...

Loved The Hardy Boys books and used to try and solve mysteries to be like them. LOL

Loved the shows, too. Seems like so long ago.

Mike said...

Loved those shows when I was 7 or 8.Haven't seen them since