Friday, January 16, 2015

My Deep Love For Stevie Nicks



http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/17-reasons-this-rhiannon-clip-is-the-coolest-thing-in-the-universe-20150114

As a teen I spend my Fridays nights at Air Cadet meetings. On the way home we would buy a box of donuts and go to one of our houses to watch the Midnight Special. It was the only place you could see live music back in the day. Live popular music. Check out the You Tube to see the Who's Who of 70s musicians who did their greatest hits, LIVE.

I so remember this performance by Fleetwood Mac and especially the ethereal Stevie Nicks. The hair, the clothing, the gravelly voice - I was in love. I had all her albums over the years and I can credit her with getting me through college and university. I spend a lot of time in the library wearing out her cassettes in my Walkman. She just did it for me. It was my comfort music back in the 80s.

I love this clip because this is Stevie at her full power. It's a glorious thing to watch.

3 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

This clip is mesmerizing. I love it.

But I have always had a deep love for Stevie.

Wings1295 said...

Beautiful. I liked Fleetwood Mac and Stevie as a kid, but didn't fully grow to love them til I was an adult. Such a treasure trove.

Mike said...

This clip plays the song harder and faster than any other version I have heard before. Love it