Saturday, January 31, 2015

Fortitude (2015)

 
Perched on the edge of the Artic Circle, Fortitude is one of the safest towns on earth. There has never been a violent crime here. Until now.


I can tell you one thing I learned for SURE from watching movies. If you are living in a far Northern European climate and you find a thawed mammoth carcass, DON'T TOUCH IT LEST YEE DIE!!

This all happened in the first 13 minutes of Fortitude, the new mini series from Sky TV in Britain. I love the idea of the polar location and especially the possibility of a killer virus and murder mystery all mixed into one spicy frozen goulash.

But seriously people. Stop touching the dead mammals who unthaw during a time of global warming. They ALWAYS contain some kind of virus or pathogen that is ready to make you bleed from your ear and bum hole. Sadly though, I will have to go to HELIX for my killer virus fix. This looks like a run of the mill mystery over money with plenty of red herrings to go around.

What the hell is with the kid and the frostbitten feet. It just doesn't make any sense. And if that little fact is bothering me that does not bode well for me lasting the entire season.

The scenery is indeed magnificent. Reminds me of the arctic adventures of my youth when you could die from travelling between buildings without your jacket or proper footwear. I found myself a bit confused coming out of the first episode but with another 11 to go in the first season, I am interested enough to see where this goes. Stanley Tucci is always a good actor to bet on. He rarely takes uninteresting projects.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
i like play games friv2 | friv 2 | friv games