Friday, December 12, 2014

We Live In A Golden Age Of The Game

 
The game has evolved much over the past two decades. The players at the highest level are fitter, more skilled and more knowledgeable than all those who came before them. It's no secret that I can watch a girl throw and sweep a curling stone all day long. In fact I have been doing that since Wednesday. Have I also mentioned that the curling COVERAGE in HD on the satellite is also pretty great? Still a weekend full of great games to come in the Canada Cup from Yorkton Saskatchewan.
 
 


 
This is Eve Muirhead from Scotland. You can see a nice collection of her pictures by following the link. I have a healthy crush on her. It's the accent I think. If you want to see some really pretty athletes, just Google 'woman's curling'.
 
 
It's also fun to share my love of the sport with my Mother who taught me about curling since I was old enough to ride the stones. She is quite the expert on the sport and if they still had the $64,000 Question on TV, she would walk away with the cash without any problem. She may regularly forget where she put the house keys but she can still remember who played in the 1986 Briar finals...AND tell you the score.
 

2 comments:

Mike said...

Shes adorable

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love to see curling getting the international attention and stature that it deserves. And it doesn't hurt that Canada (especially prairie rinks) are such powerhouses! High Five to your Mom for being such a long-time fan!