Thursday, November 27, 2014

I Suppose I Could Try A Few Episodes



Are you freakin' kidding me. A whole new cool looking Three Musketeers show from the BBC for me to watch? Could this be my next Black Sails?  Doctor Who as Cardinal Richelieu? I am there. I have often said that if I could live in one period of history I would choose to be a Musketeer because after all, I am a King's Man at heart. Plus I like the idea of carrying a sword in public.

The 1974 movie and it's infamous sequel were staples at the movie theatre on the military bases where I grew up. I have watched them a dozen times each. Oliver Reed and Michael York? Forget about it. It was also one of the first movies I 'taped' off PAY TV when that became all the rage. No commercials. Just like in the theatre but in my own home. Who would have ever thunk it?



4 comments:

csmith2884 said...

Looks like a maybe, watched the trailer with the sound muted. BBC does crank out some good stuff.

Simon B said...

I watched about 4 or 5 episodes but got bored. Like Robin Hood, the Musketeers are characters with a very limited range of stories to tell. There's only so much swashbuckling, chases, captures and escapes I can watch without reaching for the remote control...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'd only watch them if the Musketeers were gay. Now THAT would be interesting.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

What if they were bicurious?