Saturday, October 4, 2014

More Halloween Movie Suggestions


Attack The Block - When I think of this GREAT monster movie I often compare it to Tremors in my mind. It has the same kind of thrills and adventure and yes, the heart as that Kevin Bacon classic. This is one that you can share with the kids because while it's scary, it's not gruesomely so. The aliens are rarely seen but are terrifying when they are. Less is definitely more here and that minimal CGI technique only adds to the frights. If you have never seen it, it's a great choice for this month of Halloween. Fantastic story with characters you will fall in love with. Attack the Block is the real deal.



Tremors - Great adventure with the best kind of monsters - the ones you never see. A winning cast and some edge of your seat thrills make this one a winner for all ages.



Eight-Legged Freaks - If the trailer doesn't make you want to watch then you just can't be convinced how much fun a giant killer spider movie can be.



4 comments:

Simon B said...

Of those three movies, I've only seen Tremors. What a great film! It's warm, witty and imaginative with convincing chemistry between the characters and a truly cool monster. And it contains the word "graboids"... genius!

Kal said...

I know you would like the other two, especially attack the block. Just as much fun.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

When "Cowboys and Aliens" let me down, "Attack the Block" was there when I needed it. Its my rebound movie I tell you.

Kal said...

I know. I always think that the kid who plays the head gangster in Episode 7 so I hope he will save that picture.