Monday, September 15, 2014

Z Nation

 
Did you ever wonder “what if the people who made Sharknado did their own version of The Walking Dead?”, yeah me neither, but here it is anyway.


This review does not bode well for the newest zombie show on television. Personally, I have grown weary of the whole zombie genre. It's so relentlessly sad. For that reason I thought I would save up a few episodes of this show with the hopes it would get me psyched for The Walking Dead again. I had to see the show that resulted when SOMEONE approved a zombie show over at Fox. Did they not think there would be instant comparisons to the superior product over at AMC? Did they think they could somehow tell a better story, the lost gem of the whole zombie genre? Why was this made in the first place? I know I might not have any credibility left because I love the ludicrous Matador. Why Matador and not Z Nation? Because Matador is fun and Z Nation is not...not yet anyways. I might watch.

  


EEP! Baby Zombie is not a good sign.

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

We talked about this briefly on Geek Fallout. I'm more interested in checking out the new iZombie series.

Mike D. said...

The baby reminded me of that English zombie B flick DEAD ALIVE. pathetic. I was surprised when the Hammond character got killed I was shocked when they showed the zombie puppet baby get shot. Even The Strain pulled away when Eph had to shoot the infected boy. But the acting on Z Nation is abysmal and the Zombies are terrible make up jobs. It won't last trust me. Neither will Fox's. But... I will watch them as I am a sucker for any post apocolyptic movie or show regardless of genre. To this day...my favorite is still. " Where have all the people gone? "

Kal said...

I want to say the Quiet Earth but that is not a zombie movie. I might just ride this one out to see how bad it actually is.