Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Richard Kiel Dead At 74

Everyone's favorite James Bond henchman made the most of the cards that life dealt him and I always loved the man in anything that he did on film or television.


 
"To Serve Man" is probably the best Twilight Zone episode ever.
 


Forget the lame remake Adam Sandler made a few years back, the original Longest Yard is the real deal. One of my favorite sport movies of all time because of the great group of actors they found to play the convicts. Kiel just killed this scene. I have to watch this one again on the weekend out of respect.

Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me are my two favorite of the Roger Moore James Bond movies. Moonraker was the movie I saw in Winnipeg on the day I jumped a train from Shilo and road the rails to the big city. I was one of the few who had seen it the week it opened and I so remember that day. Jaws was such a popular and fun character that the producers didn't have the heart to kill him off and gave him instead his greatest moment on film and a cute little astronaut girlfriend to boot.



4 comments:

Mike said...

Aw man... very sad to hear.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

RIP, big guy.

david_b said...

VERY SAD TO HEAR.., I didn't know that was him in my FAVORITE TZ episode.

Rest well, sir, and thank you for entertaining us.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

He was also in the running for the role of Chewbacca and the Hulk TV series.