Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Great Character Actor RIP Goddfried John

RIP Goddfried John. My dear friend, We played in the world of James Bond and traveled the world together to celebrate the success of Goldeneye.... I am so proud to have worked along side you. My prayers and sympathies go out to your family at this sad time in life...Peace be with you. Pierce


I always liked this guy. He was the best Soviet or Eastern European asshole in any film that included those kind of villains. He was always playing such a prick but ones who I will never forget. Good on Pierce Brosnan for sending out such a kind note. And who said actors have that kind of class?



Goldeneye is one my of favorite Bond movies after the likes of Goldfinger and Thunderball. Pierce got to play the role he was born to play and pulls it off in magnificent style.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

From anything I've read, Pierce Brosnan is a man of real depth. He's not just another pretty face. Although of course he had that too when he was young.

david_b said...

I find Pierce to be my favorite Bond, topping early Roger Moore.

Pierce just had it all going on.

Period.

Kal said...

Remington Steele was Bond before he was Bond. The whole story of how he got screwed out of Bond and delayed the role for a decade. I wonder if he would have done it justice then or later. History happens for a reason I guess.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm not going to point out the gay connotations of Pierce Brosnan topping Roger Moore but mm-hmm, david_b. Just sayin'.