Thursday, September 4, 2014

Comic Covers Of The Day

 










 
Most of what I ever learned about the Golden Age of DC Comics came from these 100 page reprint comics that DC put out in the 70s. For years I would see this guy at the Farmer's Market who brought long boxes of comics to sell. I would scan his stuff for only these larger comics (which he sold at cover value) and all my war favorites like The Losers, Haunted Tank, Unknown Soldier and Sgt. Rock. After awhile he started pulling them out for me before hand and give me a good deal on the pile. I miss having him around anymore. When I was big into comics he helped me fill many a hole in my allotment of 70s and even 60s comics. Not all of them were in mint condition of course but their value as collectors pieces and nostalgia was never diminished.






 
Once again the Dork Review proves to be an excellent resource for the image collector.
 
 

No comments: