Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Random Talent Of Phil Postma

One of my favorite Canadian artists. His imagination and ability to create great pieces in multiple styles is magic to me.


















  
 
I particularly love this Doom Patrol piece because it's has the same great look as Tales of the Wizard of Oz, a strange little cartoon that ALL Canadian children grew up watching. It was a cartoon wasteland back when we only had 13 channels on the TV so we watched anything animated without complaint.


 
I want to live the life of Invisiberry. I love the bubble pipe and the adventures he takes through paranormal moments in time. Half the time he makes things worse. Kinda the anti-Doctor Who. When his name is mentioned insurance companies go bankrupt.
 
 

8 comments:

Professor Chaos said...

Dang, I want that scooter!

Kal said...

It's the only scooter a respectable gentleman would dare to ride.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gawd, I saw every one of those Wizard of Oz cartoons at least a hundred times.

Nathan said...

Oh, the world of Oz is a funny, funny place, where everyone wears a funny, funny face.

My wife and I watched a few of those, and we decided the Wicked Witch sounded like a Swedish man.

Kal said...

And Robby The Rubberman was awesome. Member the New Adventures of Pinochio as well?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh no! Not the New Adventures of Pinocchio! *bloodcurdling scream*

Mike said...

I actually picked up a sort of beat up copy of that issue of Weird War from a 50 cent comic bin. I was so thrilled when I got home and discovered it was the origin issue!

Kal said...

Weird War was always very good stuff.