Thursday, August 14, 2014

Still Freaks Me Out After All These Years

 
Someone was trying to sell one of these on Facebook today. I almost went into a full body shake seeing this little bastard again. I had one of these as a kid and people would take enormous joy out of turning that freakin' handle and watching the baby Cal start to cry when the Jack popped out of his dark and evil box. When I was old enough to realize what the garbage was for, this was the first things I got rid of. No sentimental childhood memories of Jack in the Boxes for me. In fact one of the earliest nightmares I can remember involved a huge Jack that was sitting in my front yard. As I approached it the giant handle starts turning and I just freeze. When the music stops two giant hands reach out, grab me and pull me into the box of death. The ice cream truck plays the same horrifying song. The song is suppose to be soothing, like a lullaby. Then I read this article and discovered the truth.
 
 
Aren't you amazed at how I brought these two topics together? Where is that jpeg I love?
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, place your right hand in the box.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I always hated those friggin things too. That was considered a "high tech toy" when I was little.

Kal said...

Only with the Gom Jabbar at my throat, tengeckoes.

DrGoat said...

I think that's part of the deal Cal. No Gom Jabbar, no box.
PS. Do you have a new email? I've sent you a couple at the hotmail address and they come back shunned.

Kal said...

yes, I got hacked at my old addy. caveofcool at the gmail.com