Sunday, August 10, 2014

Brilliant Show Just Gets Better


 
In the age of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, Hell On Wheels has always been the bastard child of AMC. I have been with this SATURDAY night show (nothing good is every on Saturday night) since the beginning. It is filmed not so far from where I live and I have watched the quality of the production go up with each year's worth of episodes. When floods destroyed the sets a year ago, that footage was included in the show because everything, from the buildings to the costumes are built from scratch, just like it would have been done in the years after the Civil War. There is a real look to the future of the movie business in Alberta that these sets have been constructed. Movies will be filmed there for years to come and that is good for our province. That the show is especially interesting to watch is an additional treat.
 

 
All the characters that live and work around the building of the Trans-Continental Railway are compelling, none more so than our hero, Cullen Bohanan. Damn if he didn't pull off the best escape from his enemies yet when he got away from the Swede. Their story arc and relationship is far from over.
 
As always I welcome your comments.
  


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess that it's just me and you Cal. I'm saving these for a cold, wet weekend in November. So no spoilers... or I'll send the Swede after you.

Kal said...

He's actually from Norway you know?

Unknown said...

Jesus H. Christ Cal, I said no spoilers!

DrGoat said...

Great episode. Cullen did it to the Norge. Was wondering how that was going to go.

Kal said...

That is the beauty of the show, ANYTHING can happen and does.