Saturday, July 5, 2014

I Can Still Smell The Bubble Gum On The Cards



















 
I love the designs on the packages. I like the feel of the wax paper and the bubble gum smell of the cards. I would pick up any old packages I can find if I had access to the US garage and toy sales. When I was a kid I couldn't leave a gas station or convenience store without a package or two. I have a nice collection of cards myself  mostly through the generosity of friends like Doctor Goat. I figure I will spend many fulfilling hours placing and organizing the cards into albums when I am in the nursing home.
 
 
These are the pictures of my own collection - meager as it is. I also have a couple of large albums of cards that I found left over in a locker after school ended. After two years no one came to claim them so I took them with me when I moved on to a new school. Old school Marvel cards. First generation stuff.



 

3 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

You have quite the collection!

Kal said...

Not really. Just twenty five years of collecting cards in one place.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The only bubblegum cards I collected as a kid were the Beatles and Batman. Gawd, that gum was awful.