Monday, July 21, 2014

3D Custom Barbie Armor

 
Jim Rodda, better known as hobbyist 3D printer Zheng3, recently completed work on these awesomely elaborate Barbie-compatible 3D-printed suits of medieval armor. The project was crowd funded through Rodda’s Faire Play Kickstarter project. The suit of golden parade armor is made of over 40 difference pieces, including a winged helmet, feathered tassets and a detailed coat of arms.








 
This 3-D printing is amazing. One day I will not have to search for the missing piece to my Oscar Goldman exploding briefcase. I could just have the 3D printer whip me up one. I could also design my own ice themed armor for my Abbey Bominable figure. That would be the height of action figure collecting when you can actually create your own professional looking action figures.
 

No comments: