Saturday, June 28, 2014

Now Showing At The Bijou Of Cool



 
I do loves me a good Blacksploitation movie and Black Dynamite is the best spoof of that glorious genre that has ever been put out. This movie is made with love by FANS of the urban grindhouse style. It's also ridiculously funny. When I first reviewed the movie I got an email from the production company who thanked me for supporting their little picture. It was the first time I felt like I could make an impact with my stuff online if people were reading it.
 
 
"I’m sorry I pimp-slapped you into that china cabinet. I used excessive force. Oftentimes, I cross the line, but I try to do so in the name of what’s right. Most of the time, the ends justifies the means. But in this case, I feel like I betrayed my own code of ethics. And for that, sugar, I apologize."
 

5 comments:

j-swin said...

Check out the animated series on adult swim. A thousand times funnier than the movie, which was great.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Heard nothing but good things about this one. Wished I had watched it tonight instead of "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit", now theres a movie that is as white as they come.

Kal said...

Oh boy that was a by the numbers with the twist kind of movie. I was so sure that Costner would turn out to be a bad guy. He wasn't. No one but the bad guys where. Kiery Knightly - implausible and forgettable.

david_b said...

Actually, the movie's much more fun than the cartoon, to me.

It was fantastic because it was a homage, not a spoof. It was done with the most love and devotion.

Kal said...

That is my point exactly. They hit ALL the right notes and made fun of the black community like you would do around the Thanksgiving table. It's very smart and they really WORK on the jokes. Just the bad editing alone deserves an Oscar. Pitch perfect.