Saturday, March 29, 2014

Necessary Evil - Super Villains Of DC Comics Documentary


 
 
I got into this one this morning even though it's just a group of talking heads talking between clips about the main villains of the DC Universe. They cover all the major bad guys that the heroes that they torment. It's not a PHD Thesis but it's a nice look at the flip side of the Super Hero. I have always agreed that it is the VILLAIN that makes the hero great. The Joker makes Batman a great hero by being his polar opposite. I learned nothing new here being such a fan of the comics as I am but I appreciated the quick comments and clips and all the villains they were able to cram into one documentary. It's worth your time if you are a fan of the subject matter.



The feature-length documentary explores the thin line between right and wrong, the nature of evil and how super-villains can reflect society’s dark side as well as our own personal fears. It also attempts to uncover the reasons why comic book fans are so fascinated by the very characters they hope to see defeated. The film focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains, including The Joker, Lex Luthor, Bane, Black Adam, Black Manta, Catwoman, Darkseid, Deathstroke, Doomsday, General Zod, Sinestro, the Suicide Squad, and others.


 
 

5 comments:

Nick Ward said...

I LIKE IT!!!

Dr. Theda said...

Awesome.....!!!!!
... We Love the "Villains" of DC....

Mike said...

I am a huge DC fan, but if Didio, Johns, or Lee appear in it I am worried I would shatter the tv screen in a fit of rage and frankly I cant afford a new one.

Kal said...

It does focus on a lot of the latest things DC has done like the NEW 52 so in that way it's a commercial for their crappiest era but I still liked it.

Dr. Theda said...

I have not been able to buy a comic book in almost Three Years... they are not available in my area .... the nearest is over 30 miles away...