Saturday, June 1, 2013

Not Much On The Internet About This Product



From the commercial this looks like a product from East Asia. The texture of the gelatin pudding and the unique chewy fruit pieces are a real treat. It's nothing like you have tasted before in a pudding and would be a huge hit in school lunches. I like the Lychee Nut pudding the best. I can go through several of these at one sitting. Good thing they are dirt cheap on our grocery shelves.

 
I saw these in an oriental store in Brighton after dining at the noodle bar in the back (I was quite sated by a yummy Pork Pad Thai at the time), and thought - as I often do - "Hell, I'll give it a go!". I'm really glad I did.

These Malaysian puddings are very much like jelly, although a little less "set" than most jellies we generally experience over here. There are four flavours in the pack of 6 puddings: Strawberry, Lychee, Mango, and Passion Fruit. In the puddings there are also chunks of Nata De Coco a chewy foodstuffs that is made from fermented coconut water. It can be a little alarming if you're not used to chunky bits in your jelly, but actually it works very well.
 
The taste of the puddings is exceptional, bursting with taste and not tasting chemical as so many similar products can. This is a dessert that I can see myself serving for visitors.

I didn't realize these were so rare and exotic. I am glad to have discovered them at my Safeway.

 

No comments: