Saturday, May 26, 2012

The B.E.T Awards Have Snubbed Me Again

Now I don't want to make this all about how Black Entertainment Television has done everything to keep me down - most by saying they already have a little black Canadian dancing monkey in Justin Bieber - but that is the truth.

Some people also still refuse to give me my due as one of the early promoters of Funk/Jazz fusion that would eventually manifest itself in the kind of hip hop music we enjoy today. All of the empires of artists like Kanye and Jay Z are built on the backs of white visionaries like myself.

Don't get me started about how Playmobile still refuses to admit that is was ME who brought their product to North America when my family moved back to Canada from Germany in 1977.

Basically, what I am saying, is that I will continue to remain unappreciated in my own time and that is something that should bother each and every one of you.

I was scanning some pictures to send to some old cadet camp friends on Facebook and decided to add them to my blog to remind myself that I was once young and beautiful...well I am STILL beautiful but you get it. This was our air guitar band Paul and the Chesterfields. I was a Chesterfield.

We did Prince's 'Little Red Corvette' with Paul Ramesar as Prince. I remember us winning and drinking flaming Drabuie's that you had to remember to blow out the flame first or you ended up with third degree burns.