Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trailer For 'The Immortals'

Tarsim is one of my favorite directors of all time. He is a visual genius and has shown his skills in such movies as 'The Cell' and 'The Fall' (both which I highly recommend). His next movie, 'The Immortals' looks like a mess to me but that could be only first impression based only on this short movie trailer. I have hope that this will be as thrilling as his previous efforts have been. I just have my doubts. Theseus appears to be the main character. He was also the Greek Hero that fought the Minotaur in the the Labyrinth so I hope that piece of mythology figures prominently in the film.

3 comments:

Wanton Redhead Writing said...

I will admit I'm completely lost, but I found you through the A to Z and the goggles made me think steampunk, but yeah, I'm lost.

Not to fear, I will follow you and hopefully you will make me understand what I'm following.

M. D. Jackson said...

It's either a vacuous mess or the plot is so complex and subtle that it can't be encapsulated in a short trailer.

Let's hope for the latter 'cause it looks fabulous.

Kal said...

I think that you captured what I couldn't express. Tarsem's movies look great but the stories could use several trips through the word processer. This could be the case.